[Soot-list] Does jimple IR precludes variable redefinition (at different program points) ?

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Wed Jul 3 00:44:21 EDT 2013

Hi, everyone,

I have a naive question: is that possible to have a same  variable
redefined in Jimple code at different points?

I mean:
Let pp1, pp2, ..., pp_k, pp_k+1.... be a sequence of program points
following the control flow graph (which might be infeasible). Is that
possible to have pp_i, pp_j both writing a variable but pp_i and pp_j is
not the same program points?

 If yes, can you construct an example; and if not,  is there other ways
(except using Shimple IR)  to avoid variable redefinition  with Soot's
built-in optimization?

It seems that Jimple uses  DU-UD web to split variables, however I have no
idea whether it  guarantees the absence of variables redefinition?

Thank you.
Zhoulai