[Soot-list] Jimple editor outline view

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 12 04:14:53 EDT 2013

Hi Marjie.

Yes I think I have observed this problem before. Unfortunately, though, I have no idea where this problem originates. If you could track down the problem and provide a patch that would be great.

Eric

On 02.07.2013, at 21:51, Marjie Volk <marjie at ensoftcorp.com> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I have been working with the soot eclipse plugin, and particularly with the Jimple editor.  I have had some problems using the standard eclipse Outline view in combination with soot's Jimple editor.  I found that the Outline view does not always highlight the correct regions in the editor; typically, if I click on an Outline view node which appears early in the file, it is highlighted more or less correctly.  However, when I click on nodes in the Outline view which appear later in the file, the outlined regions become more and more incorrect (they are usually the correct length, but are offset by an increasing number of characters).
>
> I should note that this is happening on a Windows machine; my colleague has been using the editor and Outline view on a Mac and hasn't seen any problems.
>
> Normally I wouldn't be too bothered by this, but I am working on extending soot's Jimple editor, and I've been running into similar issues with source ranges in other areas of my code, so I thought this problem might be related.  Has this issue been seen before?  Does anyone know what the cause of this is?  Thanks!
>
> Marjie

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering  at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt