[Soot-list] About Instrumenting Android Apps with Soot

Victor michyang_ysq at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:54:31 EDT 2013

Hello Lv,

I tried but failed to install and run the apk after instrumented with
Soot. To verify it is my problem or not, I empty the instrumentation
code, which means there is no instrumentation done by me at all. But the
problems still exist (before instrumentation the app can be successfully
executed in emulator). The target application I use is APV whose version
is 0.4.0, the platform is android-17.

If  you want to track the execution, you can use ddms. To be more
specific, you can use TraceView to record the execution at run time.

Cheers!
Victor