[Soot-list] annotating an existing .class file

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 24 11:18:29 EDT 2013

Hello.

Indeed, unfortunately there is no support for this. That would have to be solved through an extension.

Eric

On 23.07.2013, at 21:22, Marc-André Laverdière <marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca> wrote:

> Hi Quentin,
>
> As far as I know, Soot always will generate a new file. It is possible
> that this option changes things - I never heard of it before.
>
> It is possible to add Java annotations that are runtime-preserved,
> meaning that they get written in the bytecode.
> But I don't know if that's going to hurt the bytecode offset. Java
> annotations are stored in the constant pool apparently.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5432611/how-compiler-deals-with-annotations
>

> On 07/22/2013 12:41 PM, Quentin Sabah wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Does Soot features something to help adding annotations into an existing .class file ?
>>
>> I'd like to run some annotation analysis with -keep-bytecode-offset enabled, so that I could annotate the input .class files instead of generating a new one (which would certainly have a different bytecode code array).
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> --
> Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
> Doctorant - PhD Candidate

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering  at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt