[Soot-list] variables with $ sign:java to jimple

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 24 11:21:25 EDT 2013

Hello.

Those are variables that did not exist in the original source code, i.e., stack variables. Other than that there's nothing special about them. Soot treats them like any other variables.

Cheers,
Eric

On 18.07.2013, at 22:43, Al <aaloanmiftah at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As far as I remember, soot treats variables whose name starts with $ as stack locals.
>
> On Jul 18, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Kush Shah <kshah57 at uic.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> What happens to the variables starting with $ sign in source(java) code?
>> According to my experience, they somehow are not converted into jimple code, if they are , can anyone explain in what form and name?
>>
>> Kush Shah
>> Graduate Student - Computer Science
>> University of Illinois at Chicago
>> (203)832-0016
>> kshah57 at uic.edu

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering  at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt