[Soot-list] Shimple Error

Akhil Jain akhil.jain93 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jun 21 08:37:59 EDT 2013

Hi

I was working with Soot on Android Applications and was trying to get the Shimple version of some APKs

I got the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Assertion failed.
    at soot.shimple.internal.PhiNodeManager.dominates(PhiNodeManager.java:359)
    at soot.shimple.internal.PhiNodeManager.trimPhiNode(PhiNodeManager.java:288)
    at soot.shimple.internal.PhiNodeManager.trimExceptionalPhiNodes(PhiNodeManager.java:227)
    at soot.shimple.internal.ShimpleBodyBuilder.transform(ShimpleBodyBuilder.java:116)
    at soot.shimple.ShimpleBody.rebuild(ShimpleBody.java:133)
    at soot.shimple.ShimpleBody.<init>(ShimpleBody.java:102)
    at soot.shimple.Shimple.newBody(Shimple.java:88)
    at soot.PackManager.runBodyPacks(PackManager.java:812)
    at soot.PackManager.runBodyPacks(PackManager.java:510)
    at soot.PackManager.runBodyPacks(PackManager.java:417)
    at soot.PackManager.runPacksNormally(PackManager.java:394)
    at soot.PackManager.runPacks(PackManager.java:335)
    at soot.Main.run(Main.java:198)
    at soot.Main.main(Main.java:141)

This error comes up in many applications and does not allow analysis to complete.

Options used for compilation are:
-cp . -pp -android-jars <path-to-android-jars> -process-dir <path-to-apk> -d sootOutput -allow-phantom-refs -src-prec apk -ire -f shimple

Can anybody help me out with what I need to do in order to resolve this exception?

Thanks
Akhil Jain