[Soot-list] About generating call graph

Richard Xiao richardxx at cse.ust.hk
Mon Jun 24 05:23:40 EDT 2013

I agree with Sabah. The "this" pointer of "methodB" is empty, hence soot
cannot resolve the call to "methodC".

One more note is that, for user customized entry point, the arguments of
which are not specially treated. Only the arguments of default entry points
(main, threadgroup functions, etc) are hand coded as non-empty.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Quentin Sabah <quentin.sabah at inria.fr>wrote:

> Hi, this is normal since you set methodB as an entry-point. Spark
> doesn't find any allocation corresponding to the 'this' pointer in
> methodB, thus it cannot resolve the virtual call to methodC.
>
> --
> Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
> Grenoble University
> INRIA-SPADES                   | STMicroelectronics/AST
> Montbonnot, France             | Grenoble, France
> mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
> phone: +33 476 61 54 57        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14

Richard Xiao Xiao
PhD Student @ CSE @ Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
www.cse.ust.hk/~richardxx