[Soot-list] Multiple positions available in static code analysis

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jun 28 03:34:13 EDT 2013

Hi all.

I am happy to let you know that this month the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft has approved our proposal within the Fraunhofer Attract program. As Fraunhofer writes, "the grant »Fraunhofer Attract« offers outstanding external scientists the opportunity to develop their ideas towards an actual application within an optimally equipped Fraunhofer institute operating close to the market." Goal of our project is to develop innovative code analysis tools to aid the engineering of more secure software products in the large. The grant will allow us to finance a number of new PhD students and/or postdocs for initially five years.

The positions will be announced soon. I would greatly appreciate if you could point interested candidates to my website www.bodden.de. At Fraunhofer, employees have close contact to customers from industry. Therefore knowledge of German is somewhat required. At the very least, candidates should be willing to learn German within a short time frame.

What does all of this have to do with Soot? We plan to base some of our analysis infrastructure on Soot, which will certainly help increase further the quality of Soot and related tooling.

Best wishes,
Eric

P.S. More on "Attract" here: http://www.fraunhofer.de/en/jobs-career/fraunhofer-attract.html