[Soot-list] distinguish read and write operations

Nuno Machado nmachado at gsd.inesc-id.pt
Tue Mar 12 15:08:04 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I am interested in analyzing differently reads and writes to some static and object fields, so I was wondering if Soot has any way to distinguish between these two kinds of operations (or to identify loads or stores).

At the moment I am trying to do that by checking whether a statement is an instance of AssginStmt and if the field that I want to analyze is within the ValueBoxes of the stmt, but I believe that this is far from being the best approach.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Nuno