[Soot-list] Unrecognized bytecode instruction: 168

Michael Faes rolve at trick17.ch
Thu Mar 14 05:02:36 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

When analysing Lucene 3.6.2, I'm getting the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unrecognized
bytecode instruction: 168
   at soot.coffi.CFG.generateJimple(CFG.java:4637)
   at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:1267)
   at soot.coffi.CFG.jimplify(CFG.java:955)
   at soot.coffi.CoffiMethodSource.getBody(CoffiMethodSource.java:100)
   at soot.shimple.ShimpleMethodSource.getBody(ShimpleMethodSource.java:35)
   at soot.SootMethod.getBodyFromMethodSource(SootMethod.java:89)
   at soot.SootMethod.retrieveActiveBody(SootMethod.java:322)
   at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.processNewMethod(OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.java:532)
   at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.processReachables(OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.java:427)
   at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CallGraphBuilder.build(CallGraphBuilder.java:84)
   at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CHATransformer.internalTransform(CHATransformer.java:43)
   at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:39)
   at soot.Transform.apply(Transform.java:89)
   at soot.RadioScenePack.internalApply(RadioScenePack.java:57)
   at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CallGraphPack.internalApply(CallGraphPack.java:49)
   at soot.Pack.apply(Pack.java:114)
   at soot.PackManager.runWholeProgramPacks(PackManager.java:455)
   at soot.PackManager.runPacksNormally(PackManager.java:369)
   at soot.PackManager.runPacks(PackManager.java:335)

Has anyone seen this before? I checked the mailing list archive and all
I found was a thread from 2005 with no solution.

Thanks for your help.

Michael