[Soot-list] a problem in the points-to analysis using SPARK

zhangyufeng yuffonzhang at 163.com
Thu Mar 14 12:32:16 EDT 2013

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I think the SPARK is executed in my execution.
The logs are:

=====================================
[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use the verbose option to the cg phase.
[Spark] Pointer Assignment Graph in 2.5 seconds.
[Spark] Type masks in 3.4 seconds.
[Spark] Pointer Graph simplified in 0.0 seconds.
[Spark] Propagation in 74.4 seconds.
[Spark] Solution found in 74.4 seconds.
<init>
go
main
[3,3] Container intersect? true
[3,7] Container intersect? true
[7,7] Container intersect? true
================================
Is that right?

I am debugging on this example.
I find that the statement
Scene.v().getPointsToAnalysis().reachingObjects(local loc);
gets the same reaching points-to sets for variable 'Container c1' and 'Container c2'.
This is strange.

在2013年03月14 23时55分,"Quentin Sabah"<quentin.sabah at inria.fr> 写道:
Hi,
> The line "[3,7] Container intersect? true" means that the local variable
> 'Container c1' and 'Container c2' in the go() method of class 'Use' may
> refer to the same object.
> But this is impossible.
> I am new to Soot. I think I am confused by so many options.

Exactly, you don't need so many options. First, I'm not even sure that
Spark is executed with your current options, do you see any log printed
for Spark? That would explain why you get confusing result.

Usually I just pass the option "-p cg.spark enabled", or:
  soot.options.Options.v().setPhaseOption("cg.spark","enabled:true");

--
Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 54 57        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14