[Soot-list] Retrieve the points-to relation local to a certain method?

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Wed Mar 20 05:53:26 EDT 2013

Hi,

Is there an easy way to retrieve local points-to analysis information
w.r.t. a single method ?

By 'local' points-to analysis w.r.t a single method', I mean the points-to
relations that can be "seen"/accessible from within that method. For example

 foo (..){
  A x = y;
  }
goo(){
  A z = w;
}

It is clear that when we analyze foo, we do not need to know that 'z' and
'w'may alias. Is there easy way to rule out irrelevant points-to
information when we analyze a specific method ? I thought MethodPAG should
do the work, but apparently it does not work as I expected.

Thanks for your ideas.

Zell.