[Soot-list] How to Get a Call Graph Using On-The-Fly Analysis

Rohan Padhye rohanpadhye at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed May 1 11:46:24 EDT 2013

Hello,

There is a nice summary of all options here:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/usage/,
and phase-specific options here:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/phase/phase.html

On-the-fly call graph is, for example, supported by Spark. You can
enable Spark using the option "-p cg.spark enabled:true".

If you want to examine the call graph, then instead of using these
options on the command-line, what you can do is pass these options (as a
string) to soot.Main.main(), after which you should be able to access
the constructed call graph using Scene.v().getCallGraph().

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rohan

On Wednesday 01 May 2013 08:15 PM, ?? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. However, it's a little difficult to find
> the relevant options in soot main without a guideline. May I get more
> details about it or where can I get a guideline about it? Thanks again
> for your help.
>
> Peng Yang,
> Southeast University, China
> ? 2013-05-01 08:19:05,"Marc-André Laverdière" <marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca> ??:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Please use soot main with the relevant options
> >--
> >Marc-André Laverdière
> >PhD Candidate - Doctorant
> >Sent from a mobile device - please excuse the brevity
> >
> >"??" <yangpeng3314 at 163.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>

> >>I found that soot can construct a call graph by using on-the-fly
> >>points-to analysis, and I got a class named 'OnFlyCallGraphBuilder'.
> >>But I'm confused that how to use this class to get a call graph.
> >>

> >>Should I use code 'Scene.v().getCallGraph();' to get the call graph
> >>after construct a 'OnFlyCallGraphBuilder' object? Or get the call graph
> >>by other ways? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >>

> >>Peng Yang,
> >>Southeast University, China

Regards,
Rohan Padhye