[Soot-list] Problem with Jasmin directives

Saswat Anand saswat78 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 21:22:20 EDT 2013

Hi,

Soot fails to generate .class file for a class if it is named "is".
That happens because, "is" a directive in Jasmin, and as a result
Jasmin fails for such a class.

There are a few similar other directives such as "to", "from". I guess
that Soot may fail all such classes. This problem prevents analyzing
obfuscated classes.

I guess that this problem needs a fix to the grammar (i.e.,
parser.cup). I would appreciate if somebody familiar with that .cup
file could look into this or help me fix this.

Thanks,
Saswat