[Soot-list] how to checkout soot and its android package

dingsun xyz031702 at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 06:00:52 EDT 2013

Dear All,
It is cool to find Soot can support android analysis.
However, since I'm not familiar with Github... though I followed Dr Eric's blog (http://www.bodden.de/2013/01/08/soot-android-instrumentation/)to download the latest Soot and its android package,  I encountered several problems.
(1) Should I use the branch "develop" in Github? I used a standard way to checkout this branch into my Eclipse via EGit. After checkingout, I found there are 5 new projects in my eclipse workspace: (a) ca.mcgill.sable.soot (b) ca.mcgill.sable.soot.feature (c) ca.mcgill.sable.soot.help(d) ca.mcgill.sable.soot.lib(d) ca.mcgill.sable.soot.updates I think I did something wrong, but don't where....
(2) How to checkout the android part from Github?I use the link: https://github.com/Sable/android-platforms.But when I clicked any of the android.jar, I will be given an error message: "(Sorry about that, but we can't show files that are this big right now)".
I'd appreciate if anyone could give me suggestions on the above issues.
Best regards,Ding Sun