[Soot-list] No active body from java.util.ArrayList

Khanh Truong Duy Nguyen khanhtn1 at uci.edu
Wed Oct 9 02:43:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

I saw in the mailing already appeared the "no active body" problems but not
exactly what I experienced.

I'm doing a transformation where I take in the jimple format. When I tried
to apply my transformation on some library classes (by calling
MyTrasnformation(SootClass klass)) , some reported methods have no active
body

For examples

java.util.ArrayList:
trimToSize(), ensureCapacity(int), addAll(int, jva.util.Collection),
removeAll(java.util.Collection, retainAll(java.util.Collection),
batchRemove(java.util.Collection, boolean),
writeObject(java.io.ObjectOutputStream,
readObject(java.io.ObjectInputStream);

java.util.LinkedList:
unlinkLast(java.util.LinkedList$Node), getFirst(), getLast(),
removeFirst(), removeLast(), addLast(java.lang.Object),
lastIndexOf(java.lang.Object), peek(), element(), remove(),
offerLast(java.langObject), peekFirst(), peekLast(),
push(java.lang.Object), pop(), pollLast(),
removeFirstOccurence(java.lang.Object),
removeLastOccurence(java.lang.Object),
writeObject(java.io.ObjectOutputStream,
readObject(java.io.ObjectInputStream);

I get the information by using the soot.Printer to print the library class
in jimple format exactly the way the soot tutorial had.

It really doesnt make any sense that those methods dont have an (active)
body. The .class files show there are instructions inside the methods.

So, is this a bug? or I am missing something?
I'm running my transformer as SceneTransformer, adding in wjtp pack and I
already run in whole-program mode.

Thank you,

Khanh Nguyen
UC Irvine