[Soot-list] Mavenize Build (Issue 44)

Bernhard Berger berber at tzi.de
Sun Oct 13 11:30:21 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I started to convert the build system to maven (https://github.com/bergerbd/jasmin/tree/mavenize and https://github.com/bergerbd/soot/tree/mavenize) and have some questions regarding the current ant-based build.

a) polyglot and JastAdd
Currently, there are binary forms of these libraries checked in. How frequently are these dependencies updated? Is it sufficient to check in the binaries (local mvn repositories) and update it if necessary?

c) baf.scc
There is a grammar for baf that is not translated into a scanner. Is baf unsupported and should be removed?

d) Which are the ant targets that are still used? There are target such as: javadoc, badfields, buildtests, runtests, release, barebones, classesjar and fulljar.

The next (and last step) will be to convert the build of the eclipse-plugins. I hope the tycho plugin will work

Regards,

Bernhard