[Soot-list] Allocating memory to Soot

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Tue Apr 15 14:16:44 EDT 2014

Hi Modhi,

The memory allocation is controlled by your Java VM, this is nothing Soot has any influence on. Hence, you cannot set it through Soot’s classes. How do you start Soot? If you just start it from Eclipse, there is a field in the run configurations dialog in which you can specify additional VM arguments. You can place your –Xmx4g or whatever you need there. I’m pretty sure other IDEs offer similar features.

Best regards,

  Steven