[Soot-list] using ForwardFlowAnalysis to find abstract program coverage?

Elena Sherman elenasherman at boisestate.edu
Fri Apr 18 00:46:11 EDT 2014

So what essentially you will be doing statically is interpreting your
program on the concrete input. Unfortunately, program interpretation has a
far greater overhead than a run-time overhead of any coverage tools. Some
coverage tools instrument the program on-the fly and others directly in
class files itself. I guess the cheapest way to do the coverage is to track
executed bytecode inside JVM (like Jikes RVM).