[Soot-list] local type not allowed in final code

Yu Adam ykff8725 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:20:10 EDT 2014

Hello!
I've got the exceptions like :
local type not allowed in final code: null_type
local type not allowed in final code: bottom_type
when transforming the jimple files and getting the cfg of some programs,
i.e. the package in DaCapo 2009 of  avrora-cvs-20091224, antlr-3.1.3,
eclipse, and so on ( I unpacked the corresponding program, and analasy the
directory.)

I used soot by the follow code:
/*mysoot.java*/
class myprinter extends BodyTransformer {
/*fot testing, do nothing*/
    protected void internalTransform(Body body, String string, Map map) {
public class mysoot {
 public static void main(String[] args){

    myprinter printer = new myprinter();
    Transform t1 = new Transform("jtp.myPrinter", printer);

    soot.options.Options.v().set_keep_line_number(true);
    soot.options.Options.v().set_allow_phantom_refs(true);
soot.options.Options.v().set_verbose(false);

    PackManager.v().getPack("jtp").add(t1);

    String[] soot_args = new String[5];
    soot_args[0] = "-process-dir";
    soot_args[1] = args[0];
    soot_args[2] ="-cp";
    soot_args[3] =args[0];
    soot_args[4] = "-pp";
soot.Main.main(soot_args);

with the command:
java mysoot targetdirectory

I've tried both the stable and nightly version of Soot.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!