[Soot-list] Problems with Transform Chain

Julien Klaus julien.klaus at uni-jena.de
Wed Aug 6 12:17:48 EDT 2014

Hello Everybody,

I want to transform a chain. My problem occours when I copy a Unit with
more than one predecessor or successor and insert it in the chain. The
copy method of the unit class does not copy these branches to the other
units and a exception occurs.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unitbox points outside unitChain!
to unit : nop in <test.BranchBig: void branch(int,int)>
     at soot.Body.validateUnitBoxes(Body.java:307)
     at soot.Body.validate(Body.java:231)
     at soot.Printer.printTo(Printer.java:322)
     at soot.Printer.printTo(Printer.java:221)
     at soot.PackManager.writeClass(PackManager.java:896)
     at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:475)
     at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:400)
     at soot.Main.run(Main.java:199)
     at soot.Main.main(Main.java:141)

Does anyone have an idea or a snippet/tutorial which can help me?

Thank you.

Regards,
Julien