[Soot-list] Error in soot analysis

Stefan Gommer listenbaer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:45:43 EDT 2014

Hello Eric,

Am 19.08.2014 um 17:26 schrieb Bodden, Eric <eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de>:

> Does your call graph contain any edges at all?

how can I check that? cg.size() is 4 so I would assume, there isn’t much in there.

I found out, that when I run app.runInfoflow() before, the cg size is 4 and cg.sourceMethods() contains two methods:
<android.os.Bundle: void <clinit>()>
<dummyMainClass: void dummyMainMethod()>

If I delete the line (app.runInfoflow()) then the call graph size is 39 and the list contains 22 methods which should be the right amount.

<android.content.ContextWrapper: void <init>(android.content.Context)>
<dummyMainClass: void dummyMainMethod()>
<java.lang.RuntimeException: void <init>(java.lang.String)>
<de.ecspride.MainActivity: void onCreate(android.os.Bundle)>
<android.content.Context: void <init>()>
<android.app.Activity: void onCreate(android.os.Bundle)>
<java.lang.Exception: void <init>()>
<de.ecspride.MainActivity: void <init>()>
<android.app.Activity: void <init>()>
<android.telephony.SmsManager: android.telephony.SmsManager getDefault()>
<android.app.Activity: void <clinit>()>
<java.lang.Object: void finalize()>
<android.os.Bundle: void <clinit>()>
<java.lang.Throwable: void <init>()>
<java.lang.Object: void <init>()>
<de.ecspride.MainActivity: void dummy2(android.telephony.SmsManager,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)>
<android.view.ContextThemeWrapper: void <init>()>
<android.app.Activity: void setContentView(int)>
<de.ecspride.MainActivity: void dummy1(android.telephony.SmsManager,java.lang.String)>
<android.os.Bundle: void <init>()>
<android.app.Activity: java.lang.Object getSystemService(java.lang.String)>
<de.ecspride.MainActivity: void dummy(android.telephony.TelephonyManager)>

is runInfoFlow() somehow resetting some settings or something like that?

Stefan