[Soot-list] Is there any convenient way to track the uses of a class field?

Tianyin Xu tixu at cs.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 10 22:45:29 EST 2014

Hi all,

I want to perform a basic data-flow tracking of a set of given variables.
When the data-flow goes into a class field, I should keep tracking the uses
of that field.

However, I fail to find the method I can use to get all the uses of a given
SootField instance. Is there anything I'm missing?

One thing I can definitely do is to scan all the Stmt in all the methods in
all the classes before the analysis procedure (or do it lazily),  so I can
record the uses of the fields in a map. But I feel this's a pretty basic
feature and should have been provided already.

Thanks very much!
Tianyin