[Soot-list] Error in Android validation/custom validation?

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Mon Feb 17 03:44:55 EST 2014

Yes, there is already an issue in the tracker. The problem is that the
validator makes assumptions that go beyond the ThrowAnalysis. The
ThrowAnalysis only defines which statement can throw which exception. The
checker however unconditionally inserts edges to capture generic exceptional
control flow with side effects - which is ok for Java, but not for Dalvik.