[Soot-list] Naive questions on how to effectively use the array-out-of-bounds annotations of Soot

Zhoulai zell08v at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:30:56 EST 2014

Hello,

I have  some difficulties in understanding  how to effectively  use
array-out-of-bounds annotations produced by the Soot's jap.abc phase.

If I understand correctly the tutorial,
*http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/phase/phase.html
<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/phase/phase.html>*,
the produced array-out-of-bounds annotations are encoded in the form of
tags of the class ArrayNullTagAggregator
*http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/jimple/toolkits/annotation/tags/ArrayNullTagAggregator.html
<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/jimple/toolkits/annotation/tags/ArrayNullTagAggregator.html>*

Since this class is defined by Soot, how shall we instruct JVM, in
particular JIT, to utilize such tags? Given the annotations, do we need to
modify the JVM or is there simple way to use them directly?

A more general question, how do we instruct Java optimizers like JIT to use
the annotations/tags produced by Soot? Is there a transparent way to do so,
i.e. without attempting to modify the JVM itself (which should be
complicated in terms of coding, I suppose)?

Thank you for your ideas.

Sincerely,
Zhoulai