[Soot-list] Requiring main method for doing inter-procedural analysis Heros/Soot

Guru Devanla gdevan2 at uic.edu
Sat Jan 11 14:41:09 EST 2014

Hello  Sooters,

While doing inter-procedural analysis I see that the Heros/Soot api always
needs an 'main' function. While I do understand this helps build the graph
for the ensuing analysis, isn't there a way to start from different points
if a 'main' method is not available.  I am wondering if this is somehow
intractable and if any solutions exist.

Any pointers to this would be great, since when I try to analyze very many
libraries I end up with an error.

Also, if there are any suggestion I would love to extend this functionality
into Soot/Heros as it would immensely benefit me and hopeful a lot others
right away.

Thanks