[Soot-list] Requiring main method for doing inter-procedural analysis Heros/Soot

Guru Devanla gdevan2 at uic.edu
Wed Jan 15 13:48:29 EST 2014

Hi,

My primary need is to do inter-procedural analysis and capture data flow
between pair-wise methods in different classes. I have not gotten to trying
this yet, but I believe I will have to initialize the DefaultSeeds object
used by Hero's to help it do analysis for all pair-wise methods. It's
possible I might hit some hurdles doing this and thats something I might
have to work on in the coming weeks!

So, since you mentioned I might have have to take the same approach as
Flowdroid, where I do a pass of all the public methods and then seed that
into the DefaultSeeds object. But, is there any need for entry points to he
static? I am not able to see any reason at least for my purpose.

As always thanks for your informative emails!

Thanks