[Soot-list] SOOT - Constant Propagation Analysis

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jan 30 12:09:36 EST 2014

Hello.

I am sorry but there seems to be some misunderstandings here...

> Thank you for your answer, however, the IFDSLocalInfoFlow is not quite what we are looking for.
> What we have been able to make a new flowanalysis class that extends the ForwardFlowAnalysis, and we would like to know how to retrieve the Flow from that ForwardFlowAnalysis class and also the set of edges.

ForwardFlowAnalysis is for intra-procedural analyses only. Are you sure this is what you want? I assumed you wanted an inter-procedural analysis, as intra-procedural ones already exist in Soot.

> For edges we would like a way to know which unit to go next in the Control Flow Graph.

Well, edges are not part of the analysis, they are part of the control-flow graph that the analysis operates on. You just use the graph's getSuccsOf(..) method:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/toolkits/graph/DirectedGraph.html
But the analysis is taking care of this automatically. Normally there is nothing you need to do.

> We looked at the Edge Class in SOOT and we would like if possible for you to explain it a bit more.

The Edge graph is for the call graph, which is something else entirely. I think it would help for you to clarify your understanding of the notions of control-flow graph, call graph and data-flow analysis. That way we will be able to help you better.

Best wishes,