[Soot-list] Query Regarding SuSi

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Fri Jul 18 04:38:12 EDT 2014

Hi Lokesh,

In most cases, you can directly use the source and sink definition files which we have produced using SuSi and do not have to run the tool on your own. These files can be found in the “SourceSinkLists” folder in the Github repository.

If you want to run SuSi on your own e.g., to obtain definition files for other versions of Android, you need a fully implemented android.jar file. The one shipped with the Android SDK will not do. You can try the ones provided by the Sable research group: https://github.com/Sable/android-platforms The file of the platform you want to analyze must then be passed to SuSi as the first command-line parameter. The second, third, usw. command-line parameter is used for passing in an arbitrary number of files containing training data for the machine learner. The last command-line parameter is the output file name.

Best regards,

  Steven

M.Sc. M.Sc. Steven Arzt

Secure Software Engineering Group (SSE)

European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC SPRIDE)

Mornewegstraße 32

D-64293 Darmstadt

Phone: +49 61 51 16-75426

Fax: +49 61 51 16-72118