[Soot-list] Any parsing restriction

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Thu Jul 24 09:05:08 EDT 2014

No, it's not. It actually works given that you have a proper JDK on your
classpath and that the Java exception classes are at least loadable to level
HIERARCHY. The complete story can be found in one of the issue reports on
Github. Short version: If we have an exception handler for two different
exception types, Soot needs to find a common supertype. This is however only
possible if we have a class hierarchy of the exception types.

We could theoretically add a hack that uses java.lang.Throwable in case we
don't have a hierarchy.