[Soot-list] How to make the instrumented apk contain the classfile I wrote?

Jin Li lijin1988 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 22:57:42 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I wrote a Helper.java which is used to print the uid,pid,tid of the
Instumented apk.
public class Helper {
    private static int uid,pid,tid;

    public static void getIDs(){
        uid = Process.myUid();
        pid = Process.myPid();
        tid = Process.myTid();
    }
    public static void reportIds(){
        System.out.println("uid is " + uid + "pid is " + pid + "tid is " +
tid);

I modified the AndroidInstrument.java from Prof. Eric Bodden's blog to make
it insert a InvokeExpr  before a Unit. Relative code snipped like that:

        getIdsClass = Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport("Helper");
        getIds = getIdsClass.getMethod("void getIDs()");
        reportIds = getIdsClass.getMethod("void reportIds()");

        InvokeExpr getExpr =
Jimple.v().newStaticInvokeExpr(getIds.makeRef());
                                Stmt getStmt = (Stmt)
Jimple.v().newInvokeStmt(getExpr);
                                units.insertBefore((Unit)getStmt, u);

         InvokeExpr reportExpr =
Jimple.v().newStaticInvokeExpr(reportIds.makeRef());
                                Stmt reportStmt = (Stmt)
Jimple.v().newInvokeStmt(reportExpr);
                                units.insertBefore((Unit)reportStmt, u);

When I run the Intrumented apk on my device, it crashed since the Helpler
class can't be found.