[Soot-list] Early question: Soot for Java 8?

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 3 07:30:29 EST 2014

Hi all.

I have just hired a new student assistant who will be looking into Java 8 support (for bytecode, that is). He will first integrate the ASM frontend (https://github.com/Sable/soot/pull/2) and then update that frontend to cope with the new bytecodes.

If you have any insights about the new bytecode, though, it would be great if you could share them.

Eric