[Soot-list] Problems of creating dummy main method for android.

qpj 412832527 at qq.com
Thu Mar 6 08:52:07 EST 2014

Hi Eric and Arzt,
I have been working on extracting a call graph from android app. And as you came up with in soot-infoflow, I should create a dummy main method for android class. As I decompiled the dummyMainClass which is generated by AndroidEntryPointCreator, I got the following one:
dummyMainClass:
import android.os.Bundle;
import com.example.test.MainActivity;
class dummyMainClass
{
  public static void dummyMainMethod()
  {
    int i = 0;
    label64:
    do
    {
      MainActivity localMainActivity = new com/example/test/MainActivity;
      localMainActivity.<init>();
     if (i != 0)
      {
        localMainActivity.onCreate(new Bundle());

     ...}}}

Then the problem comes, as I use this stmt in my main method: MainActivity mainActivity = new MainActivity();
the console will throw an error:
A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  Internal Error (classFileParser.cpp:3161), pid=5908, tid=3008
#  Error: ShouldNotReachHere()
#
# JRE version: 7.0-b89

I originally thought MainActivity cannot be instantiated, until I saw you instantiate it. So I'd like to ask for help: how you handle this problem. Any detail will be appreciated.
Best Regards.
Xiangxing