[Soot-list] Confusing warnings

Herr Thomas Vogel vogelt at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 26 15:50:34 EDT 2014

Hello everybody,

I have a quick question and since I'm not a Soot power-user, I send this question simply to the mailing list:

Every time when I run my analysis, Soot prints out the following lines and i don’t know what it means.

Soot started on …
Warning: java.dyn.InvokeDynamic is a phantom class!
Warning: java_cup.runtime.Symbol is a phantom class!
Warning: java_cup.runtime.Scanner is a phantom class!
Warning: java_cup.runtime.lr_parser is a phantom class!
[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use the verbose option to the cg phase.

Funny fact about that: I do not use the Grappa package (http://www2.research.att.com/~john/Grappa/)...

Short explanation what I am doing:
I am running a whole program analysis where I firstly extract specific Java annotations from the analyzed code by a customized SceneTransformer.
With the information of these annotations I am building so called environments for every field, method and class which are used inside the analyzed code.
Those environments will be used in the intra-procedural-part of my analysis, i.e. inside a customized BodyTransformer and a customized ForwardFlowAnalysis.
The overall goal is to find violations against a security-type-system.

Regards and thanks for your reply!

Thomas
Thomas Vogel
Mail: vogelt at informatik.uni-freiburg.de