[Soot-list] Generating a CallGraph

Graziella Galea gra.galea at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 16:05:34 EDT 2014

Hi,

No it did not work.  And I have been trying different codes for call graph
generation for nearly 2 weeks now.  Is it possibly this difficult?  To say
the truth on a different project it worked perfectly but on this new
project I have been getting the following error message over and over again:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception reference
used other than as the first statement of an exception handler.
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.typing.fast.AugEvalFunction.eval_(AugEvalFunction.java:162)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.typing.fast.AugEvalFunction.eval(AugEvalFunction.java:41)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.typing.fast.TypeResolver.applyAssignmentConstraints(TypeResolver.java:407)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.typing.fast.TypeResolver.inferTypes(TypeResolver.java:113)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.typing.TypeAssigner.internalTransform(TypeAssigner.java:101)
at soot.BodyTransformer.transform(BodyTransformer.java:51)
at soot.Transform.apply(Transform.java:104)
at soot.JimpleBodyPack.applyPhaseOptions(JimpleBodyPack.java:66)
at soot.JimpleBodyPack.internalApply(JimpleBodyPack.java:89)
at soot.Pack.apply(Pack.java:124)
at soot.coffi.CoffiMethodSource.getBody(CoffiMethodSource.java:117)
at soot.SootMethod.getBodyFromMethodSource(SootMethod.java:89)
at soot.SootMethod.retrieveActiveBody(SootMethod.java:322)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.processNewMethod(OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.java:531)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.processReachables(OnFlyCallGraphBuilder.java:426)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CallGraphBuilder.build(CallGraphBuilder.java:84)
at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CHATransformer.internalTransform(CHATransformer.java:43)
at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:39)
at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:45)
at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:50)
at
com.MethodAnalaysis.CallerMethodIdentifier$1.internalTransform(CallerMethodIdentifier.java:151)
at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:39)
at soot.Transform.apply(Transform.java:89)
at soot.ScenePack.internalApply(ScenePack.java:43)
at soot.Pack.apply(Pack.java:114)
at
com.MethodAnalaysis.CallerMethodIdentifier.setUp(CallerMethodIdentifier.java:171)
at
com.MethodAnalaysis.CallerMethodIdentifier.getAffectedMethods(CallerMethodIdentifier.java:52)
at com.Main.AnalyserFactory.main(AnalyserFactory.java:115)

Here https://github.com/Sable/soot/issues/167 it was suggested to add the
prepend-classpath and add the .jar file.  I do not have a jar file so I
added the whole folder for the project I'm analysing to no avail.

What can I do?

Graziella Galea