[Soot-list] Building PDG

shmohtasham shmohtasham at gmail.com
Fri May 2 22:13:45 EDT 2014

Hi Xueliang,

There is a whole chapter (appendix) at the end of my PhD thesis on the PDG
and in the thesis I explain how I used it to implement Transcuts
(Transactional Pointcuts) for AspectJ. There is also a piece of code in the
appendix that shows how to use the Soot's PDG.

I've attached my thesis.

Basically, PDG is a generic program representation that can be used to
implement various program analysis and transformation algorithms. The PDG
in soot only captures control flow dependencies because data dependencies
are mostly application-specific and can be added to the graph easily anyway.

I hope this helps.

--Hossein