[Soot-list] regarding FlowDroid - finding paths

H S aras_h1988 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 18:48:07 EDT 2014

Hi all:

I should find paths by running flowDroid on my code.
I have Toast in my code, the flowDroid can detect it as an sink, where I gave its signature before.
But it is unable now to detect the path from source to sink.
here is the code which contains the toast which is as an sink.

//in openAlert(v)
alertDialogBuilder.setNegativeButton("No",new DialogInterface.OnClickListener() {

            public void onClick(DialogInterface dialog,int id) {
                // cancel the alert box and put a Toast to the user
                dialog.cancel();
                Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "You chose a negative answer",
                        Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
            }
        });

and here is the source :
 String Number = editText.getText().toString();//source
        //try {
            NumberInt = Integer.parseInt(Number);
            //Log.i("INFO","getNumber     "+NumberInt);

            if (NumberInt<50){
                openAlert(v);
            }

The probable scenario: The user gives a number in field number(source), if it is smaller than- say 50-, then  an Alert-Dialog pops up, if he clicks on No in the Alert-Dialog, the toast will appear.

But now I cannot catch this path.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Sarah