[Soot-list] Scripting with soot

Mihir Mehta mihir.cs.iitd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:56:44 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm working on a data flow analysis using soot, following these
steps(http://www.bodden.de/2008/09/22/soot-intra/). I'd like to set up a
regression test suite, which would look something like a number of
source code files (classes, in .java files) and some assertions on the
result of the flow analysis on some methods in each of these classes.
However, because of the way soot seems to be structured, I'm not able to
figure out how to make a harness that runs my analysis on each of these
classes in turn and checks the assertions - because I can only see the
Body corresponding to a method in the internalTransform method of my
BodyTransformer instance, which means I cannot do the obvious thing,
i.e. search for all the relevant methods in all the different class
files, run the analysis on each method's Body, and print whether the
assertion passed.

Can anyone suggest a work-around?

Thanks,
Mihir Mehta,