[Soot-list] Running soot on Android

Bernhard Berger berber at tzi.de
Tue Oct 7 12:26:37 EDT 2014

Hi Eric and Jason,

I think Eric is misunderstanding the setup. Jason tries to run soot on an Android device. Therefore, he tries to transform soot.jar into dalvik byte code. The exception is not an exception thrown by soot. It’s an exception thrown while translating the jar file into a dex file.

Android is supported in the sense of „analyzing Android apps“. The setup Jason is trying is not officially „supported“ by soot. (my opinion)

Regards, Bernhard