[Soot-list] Enable Explicit Taint Propogation in Soot-Infoflow

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Wed Oct 22 07:58:29 EDT 2014

Hi Suresh,

I looked at your code snippet once again. What you are looking for is an implicit data flow, not an explicit one. The reason why the statement in line 7 leaks information at all is that its execution depends on the value of a secret. Without the conditional, there would be no leak.

Implicit information flow tracking must be enabled explicitly in FlowDroid. Use Infoflow.setEnableImplicitFlows(true) to do so.

Best regards,

  Steven