[Soot-list] Getting line numbers from .java files

Manas Thakur manasthakur17 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 05:17:13 EDT 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to get the line numbers from the “LineNumberTag” only when we are analysing class files? When I try to get the same by analysing java source directly, the line number tag is always null. I am using the following to extract the line number:

LineNumberTag tag = (LineNumberTag) ut.getTag("LineNumberTag");
if(tag != null)
	int lineNumber = tag.getLineNumber();

P.S. I am using the “-keep-line-number” option, and am able to extract them properly when I give class files as input to Soot.

- Manas