[Soot-list] Regarding detecting object creation, propagation and usage

Shrirang Khare shrirang.khare at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:26:07 EDT 2014

Hi,
Have been trying out IccTA and Flowdroid for some time.
I am trying to find an object creation and its usage in an android
application for example following statement->
Intent i = new Intent(context, ActivityA.class);
i.putExtra()
.... multiple cases for usage/modification of the Intent object
and finally
context.startActivity(i);
from creation point onwards I want to track how and where this object is
being used and also assignments where fields of the object are being used
and assignments where object fields change as well. The termination point
of analysis can be (a) if call the context within which the object ends (b)
If the object(or its fields) is passed to any system api

I tried to use the flowdroid/iccta framework for this by injecting some
sources and sinks but, felt its bound by existence of sources and sink. And
I am not sure how the object will be propagated so cannot determine sink.

Wanted some pointers as to what will best way to tackle such a problem and
if any specific code of flowdroid can be used for this purpose. Just wanted
experts' thoughts on the same.

--
Regards,
Shrirang Khare.