[Soot-list] JBCO

Роман Петриев vvpiroman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:18:42 EDT 2014

Hi soot users!
I try to use JBCO, but I have many problems with it.
Main info:
jdk1.7.0_17
soot 2.5.0
I use GUI ---> soot.jbco.gui.JBCOViewer.
I set main class, output dir, working dir and classpath (all paths exists,
otherwise appropriate error message will show).
The first error is:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find class:
java.lang.Object ....................................
I found this page:
http://www.bodden.de/2008/08/21/soot-command-line/
and add in source code "-pp" option, when GUI starts obfuscation (execute
item in menu).
Also I spent many time (for me) to searching all dependent libraries. After
successful compilation, I try to obfuscate my test jar and have this error:
org/jf/dexlib2/writer/io/DexDataStore
at soot.PackManager.<init>(PackManager.java:529)
at soot.Singletons.soot_PackManager(Singletons.java:472)
at soot.PackManager.v(PackManager.java:344)
at soot.jbco.Main.main(Main.java:201)
org.jf.dexlib2.writer.io.DexDataStore
... 4 more

In Default Classpath field I wrote path to dexlib2-2.0.3-dev.jar, but soot
can't found this class ... What's wrong?

P.s. I'm sorry, if my message has mistakes, english isn't my native
language, and thanks for any help.

Best wishes
Roman