[Soot-list] Soot Body.getUnits() does not get ALL units

Xinxin Jin xinxinjin89 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:02:05 EDT 2015

Hi there,

I got a weird problem: Sometimes Body.getUnits() does not list all the
units of a method. The following is one example:

Simplified code snippet:

void foo() {
>     BasicHttpClient basicClient = new BasicHttpClient();
> }

​And in the Jimple file, there are two statements related with "new
BasicHttpClient()" :

$r5 = new com.turbomanage.httpclient.BasicHttpClient;
> specialinvoke $r5.<com.turbomanage.httpclient.BasicHttpClient: void
> <init>()>(); ​

​However, when I use retriveActiveBody().getUnits() to print out all the
units of foo(), I can only see one statement:

> specialinvoke $r5.<com.turbomanage.httpclient.BasicHttpClient: void

I don't know why getUnits() cannot obtain "$r5 = new
com.turbomanage.httpclient.BasicHttpClient" ?
​What kind of units are ignored by Soot ?​

​Thanks a lot for any advices !​

--
Xinxin