[Soot-list] Using a string to find an edge

Jason Ott jott002 at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:37:14 EDT 2015

Is it possible to create a Unit and a SootMethod from a given string?

So let's say I create a call graph from "class A".  And I have a list of
possible methods that could exist in "class A" in basic string format
("methodA", "methodB", ...).

Is it possible to resolve if the edge exists by calling
callgraph.findEdge(unit, sootmethod), using a newly created Unit and
SootMethod that are derived from my string input?

I've read the documentation and it sounds like I can do this with a
SootMethod, but the Unit creation is a bit unclear as it seems the Unit
resolves to the Jimple notation.

I suppose I can always resort to linear iteration, but I would assume that
the findEdge would run no slower than O(nlogn) time.

Thanks.