[Soot-list] Could Source/Sink be other type such as Constant, field variable?

润青杨 rainkin1993 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 10:11:02 EDT 2015

Hi guys,
    I had posted this problem at
 https://github.com/secure-software-engineering/soot-infoflow/issues/23
<https://github.com/secure-software-engineering/soot-infoflow/issues/23>

    Now I explained it more clearly.
    For all I know, source and sink could only be method, but sometimes
source/sink may be other types.

    Case 1:
    e.g.
    s = source(); // source
    if(s == null)  // sink, which doesn't contain invokeExpr
    { ...}

    s is source and I want to define "if(s == null)" as sink.

    Case 2:
    e.g.
    String s = "Option1"; // source
    sink(s); // sink

    How to solve the above problems?
    I noticed the DefaultSourceSinkManager, ISourceSinkManager and
MethodBasedSourceSinkManager classes. I think that may       be I can
implement my own SourceSinkManager which could accept variable as a source,
define IfStmt as a sink .etc. But I don't know whether this way work

    Could you give me some help?

Thx

rainkin