[Soot-list] General Query Regarding Call Graph

LOKESH JAIN lokeshjain92 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 05:23:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have the call graphs of the apk files. In those call graphs there are
some nodes like <init> , <clinit> etc. I didn't get the significance of
these nodes. As, I want to reduce my call graph to tree for doing
computation, but due to these nodes i am unable to do so.
Please help me understand the significance of such nodes?

Also, If i remove the <init> and <clinit> and all the back edges as shown
in attached file, will the logic of call graph remain intact i.e my call
graph will then also be correct ?

How do i deal with such nodes i.e if they are not important then how do i
remove such nodes without affecting my call graph properties. ?

Any help would be appreciated.

PFA : call graph for RV2013 application

Thanks & Regards
Lokesh Jain