[Soot-list] print the path from source(s) to sink(s) found by flowdroid

XiaoYang yangx92 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:54:30 EST 2015

Hi all,

Suppose that I found there is information leak in android application by flowdroid. Could I print the path from source(s) to sink(s)?

Take an example. Below is the partial information given by flowdroid.

>>[main] INFO soot.jimple.infoflow.Infoflow - The sink virtualinvoke $r10.<android.telephony.SmsManager: void sendTextMessage(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,android.app.PendingIntent,android.app.PendingIntent)>("+86 123456789", null, $r6, null, null) in method <com.example.leakpasswd.MainActivity: void onCreate(android.os.Bundle)> was called with values from the following sources:
>>[main] INFO soot.jimple.infoflow.Infoflow - - $r2 = virtualinvoke $r0.<com.example.leakpasswd.MainActivity: android.view.View findViewById(int)>(2131230722) in method <com.example.leakpasswd.MainActivity: void onCreate(android.os.Bundle)>

I want to get the path from findViewById to sendTextMessage. Is there a method to handle that?

Great thanks!!

Young