[Soot-list] Class field in call graph

Yasmin Khairina yasmin.agrabah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 15:24:47 EST 2015

Hello,

I am new to Soot, and until now I have successfully used Soot to generate a
call graph. As far as I know, the call graph only shows the calling
relationship between methods (which I think is supposed to be).
However, what I’m interested in is to find out which methods call/access
some certain class fields. Hence my question is, can I obtain the class
field in the call graph as well? For example, if I have a class field named
xPos, then I would like to have the call graph to have a node for xPos and
find which methods call/access xPos. Of course if the class field have
setter and getter, it will not be a problem, but this is not always the
case.
If it’s not possible, is there any way to extend any classes of Soot to do
it? Or do I need to do other kind of analysis to obtain that information?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Yasmin