[Soot-list] Missing call graph edges

Sam Blackshear samuel.blackshear at colorado.edu
Mon Feb 9 15:19:53 EST 2015

Hi Peter,
  My suspicion is that the callgraph is correct here. You never add
anything the the objects ArrayList, so whenever you try to read a BaseTweet
object out of the list, the analysis (correctly) concludes that only null
could be returned. If you call a method on null (like isFinished), the call
graph (correctly) concludes that this would result in an NPE and thus does
not add the edge. If you want to see these edges in the callgraph, extend
your code to add something to the objects ArrayList:

objects.add(new BaseTweet())

When debugging your static analysis results, it's often helpful to
concretely execute your target program and be sure that it behaves as you
expect!

- Sam